Advising Hours and Information
Thank you for contacting the School of Engineering Undergraduate Advising Office! We look forward to assisting you.
First Stop For All Undergraduate Advising: please join Peer Advisor Chat Hours:
Monday through Friday 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (limited staffing on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons)
- Staff Advisor Zoom Drop-in Hours:
- Monday 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday 9:30 -11:00 a.m. and 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
(all drop-in requests start with peer advising. Peer advisors will connect students with staff Zoom drop-in as needed)
Please note that due to Covid, all drop-in appointments will be by Zoom only and any appointments must be scheduled by emailing email@example.com.
We will try to accommodate requests and will make our best efforts to respond to emails as quickly as possible. Some responses may take three to five business days, depending on the volume of messages received and the type of question or request.
Examples of types of questions that should be directed to our peer advisor chat hours:
- Quick Questions
- Brief explanations or clarifications of Baskin Engineering policies or processes
- If you have a form that requires an academic plan or are being asked to submit a signed academic plan to a campus office
Examples of critical, time-sensitive matters for staff advisors:
- All other needs, including if you need a signature on a time sensitive form, such as for enrollment, financial aid, or a campus deadline, should be sent via email (with any appropriate form attached) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line the date that your request is needed by and be sure to clearly state your request in the body of the email.
- Undergraduate Advising Contacts
Experts on the engineering major requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Advising Office FAQs
Read frequently asked questions from the Advising Office.
- Baskin Engineering Faculty
An advisor is assigned when you declare your major. Faculty advisors are able to help you select elective courses, long-term professional planning, final projects, involvement in faculty research projects, availability of internships, and career choices.
- Baskin Engineering Undergraduate Mailing List
The Undergraduate Mailing List provides information specific to currently enrolled undergraduate engineering students regarding internships, job openings, how to declare your major, changes in major requirements and class schedules, student organizations and other pertinent information. It is your responsibility to check your email regularly for updated information sent out to the distribution list. You will automatically be assigned a free UCSC email account. Baskin Engineering will use your UCSC account to contact you. If you would like to be added to the Undergraduate Mailing List, please submit a request to email@example.com.