Become a Baskin Engineering Student Ambassador
The Baskin Engineering SEEI program is currently recruiting for student ambassadors. The BESA program is an integral part of the Undergraduate Academic Advising Office.
The peer advisor application will be available during spring quarter.
This position pays $17/hr and requires a 5-7 hour weekly time commitment (with up to 15 hours), as well as attendance at mandatory training sessions.
Any students declared in Baskin Engineering majors, who are in good academic standing, may apply. Students who are currently enrolled in their last major qualification courses and will be declaring their major in Fall quarter will also be considered.
We are hoping to hire several applicants that have interest in being in this role for at least two years.
Student Ambassadors are indispensable in:
- Providing front-line support services and information
- Answering major-related questions
- Making referrals to campus services and resources
Student ambassadors also network together to receive advice and encouragement from each other. Alumni of our program report that the skills they gained from this position have helped them develop communication skills that have been a valuable part of their engineering careers.
As a Student Ambassador you will:
- Learn about Baskin Engineering programs, courses, policies, and procedures
- Develop professionalism and leadership skills
- Polish your critical thinking skills and enhance your decision making and judgement
- Become a more experienced and effective listener and communicator