Become a Baskin Engineering Peer Advisor
The Baskin Engineering Undergraduate Student Affairs Office is currently recruiting for peer advisors. The Peer Advisor Program is an integral part of the Undergraduate Academic Advising Office.
The peer advisor application will be available during spring quarter.
This position pays $15/hr and requires a 5-7 hour weekly time commitment, as well as attendance at mandatory training sessions.
Any students declared in Baskin Engineering majors, who are in good academic standing, may apply. Students who are currently enrolled in their last major qualification courses and will be declaring their major in Fall quarter will also be considered.
We are hoping to hire several applicants that have interest in being in this role for at least two years.
Peer Advisors are indispensable in:
- Providing front-line support services and information
- Answering major-related questions
- Making referrals to campus services and resources
Peer advisors also network together to receive advice and encouragement from each other. Alumni of our program report that the skills they gained from this position have helped them develop communication skills that have been a valuable part of their engineering careers.
As a Peer Advisor you will:
- Learn about Baskin Engineering programs, courses, policies, and procedures
- Develop professionalism and leadership skills
- Polish your critical thinking skills and enhance your decision making and judgement
- Become a more experienced and effective listener and communicator