- ACE, Academic Excellence Honors Program
199 Baskin, 831-459-5280
Offers academic support in selected math, science, and BBSOE courses and other opportunities. Small workshop-style discussion sections are facilitated by professional section leaders.
- CBSE RMI
501 Engineering 2, 831-459-1702
The Center for Biomolecular Science and Engineering Research Mentoring Institute supports diversity at UCSC and in genomic research by providing scholarships and mentored research training for underrepresented students. The RMI offers academic and professional advising, hands-on research training, and a scholarship for qualified UCSC undergraduates who are interested in genomic science and its ethical, legal, or social implications (ELSI). Graduate fellowships are also available for registered UCSC graduate students.
- DRC, Disability Resource Center
146 Hahn Student Services, 831-459-2089
Academic support services to students with disabilities. Referral to learning assessment re: information processing difficulties. Equipment loan, orientation to adaptive software, etc.
- EOP, Educational Opportunity Program
121 ARCenter, 831-459-2296
Provides a variety of academic and personal support programs designed to improve the retention and academic success of first-generation college students from low-income and educationally disadvantaged backgrounds and to ensure they successfully complete their undergraduate education and acquire the skills to prepare for graduate and professional school as well as future leadership roles.
- LSS, Learning Support Services
221 ARCenter, 831-459-4333
- Provides a broad range of academic support services and programs including the Learning Center, individual tutoring, guided study groups for difficult courses.
- MEP, MESA Multicultural Engineering Program MEP is an academic learning community that offers advancement and professional development opportunities to students from groups which remain underrepresented in engineering. MEP facilitates the success of a diverse population of engineering students through continuum of services that support the needs of educationally disadvantaged students (e.g. first-generation college, academic factors, economic conditions).
Faculty Sponsor: Tracy Larrabee, firstname.lastname@example.org
MEP Director: Carmen Robinson, email@example.com
- STARS, Services for Transfer and RE-Entry Students
Provides academic advising, workshops, tutoring and many other services.
- BSOE Undergraduate Mailing List
The BSOE Undergraduate Mailing List provides information specific to currently enrolled undergraduate engineering students regarding internships, job openings, how to declare your major, changes in major requirements and class schedules, student organizations and other pertinent information. It is your responsibility to check your email regularly for updated information sent out to the distribution list. You will automatically be assigned a free UCSC email account. The BSOE will use your UCSC account to contact you. If you would like to be added to the Undergraduate Mailing List, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BSOE Undergraduate Advisers
Experts on the engineering major requirements, policies, and procedures.
- College Academic Preceptor
Available to help you with general education process, academic difficulty, and other issues.
- BSOE Faculty Advisers
Assigned when you declare your major. Faculty advisors are able to help you select elective courses, long-term professional planning, final projects, involvement in faculty research projects, availability of internships, and career choices.