Psyche Inspired is a program that brings undergraduate students together to share the excitement, innovation, and scientific and engineering content of NASA’s Psyche mission with the public through artistic and creative works.
Full-time, enrolled undergraduate students from universities and community colleges in the United States and its territories are invited to apply to become part of this year’s cohort of creative interns!
Application Deadline: Friday, August 31, 2018 at 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
The application may be accessed at https://psyche.asu.edu/get-involved/psyche-inspired/application-iron-class/
Psyche Inspired is open to all talented, creative full-time enrolled undergraduate students at universities and community colleges in the United States or its territories, regardless of major. Previous Psyche Inspired interns have come from a variety of majors, including astrobiology, biogeoscience, ceramics, computer science, digital culture, drawing, electrical engineering, engineering management, English, geology, graphic design, materials science, music, painting, and sculpture.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a current full-time enrolled undergraduate student at a university or community college in the United States and its territories.
- Not be graduating any earlier than the end of the spring semester 2019 (nominally no earlier than May 2019).
- Commit to creating four original creative works over the period of the program (approximately one work per two months through May 2019).
- Be willing to sign an intellectual property agreement with Arizona State University.
- Commit to attending the weekly required meeting (either in person, if they are based near ASU, or by phone or WebEx) on Fridays at 11 a.m. Pacific Time through the entirety of the program (through May 2019).
- Commit to responding to all communications from the program in a timely manner (within 48 hours).
Applicants are not required to be U.S. citizens.
Questions about the application may be submitted via https://psyche.asu.edu/contact/