Become a BSOE Peer Adviser
The BSOE Undergraduate Student Affairs Office is currently recruiting for peer advisers. The Peer Adviser Program is an integral part of the BSOE Undergraduate Student Affairs Unit.
The deadline to submit an application is:
Monday, September 7, 2020 at 11:59PM
This position pays $14/hr and requires a 5-7 hour weekly time commitment, as well as attendance at mandatory training sessions.
This will be a remote position during the period that UCSC instruction is primarily remote, with work conducted through email, Google Chat and Zoom.
Any students declared in BSOE majors, who are in good academic standing, may apply. Students who are currently enrolled in their last major qualification courses and will be declaring their major in Fall quarter will also be considered.
We are hoping to hire several applicants that have interest in being in this role for at least 2 years.
BSOE Peer Advisers are indispensable in:
- providing front-line support services and information
- answering major-related questions
- making referrals to campus services and resources.
Peer advisers also network together to receive advice and encouragement from each other. Alumni of our program report that the skills they gained from this position have helped them develop communication skills that have been a valuable part of their engineering careers.
As a Peer Adviser you will:
- Learn about BSOE programs, courses, policies, and procedures.
- Develop professionalism and leadership skills.
- Polish your critical thinking skills and enhance your decision making and judgement.
- Become a more experienced and effective listener and communicator