Course Substitutions

A course substitution may be approved for the following reasons:

  • When a course you have taken at another institution has not yet been approved for transfer credit.
  • When you have gained knowledge from other experiences (i.e. work or internships).
  • When you want to apply a non-required course to your major.

To petition for a course substitution:

  • Print out a Course Substitution Petition form.
  • Fill out the petition and attach the necessary documentation. This can include a class syllabus, final exam, or course description.
  • Return petition and documentation to the Undergraduate Affairs Office. They will forward your petition to the appropriate faculty undergraduate director for review, or direct you to the correct faculty undergraduate director to consult with directly, depending on that department's process.
  • Await notification whether or not your substitution is accepted.