Dovetail Genomics is a Santa Cruz-based start-up company developing cutting-edge genomics technologies for vastly improving genome assembly, uncovering critical structural variation information, and many other exciting applications in genomics. We are a diverse, talented, multi-disciplinary team innovating in the field of genomics, with the ultimate goal of leaving a lasting impact on the world by providing researchers and clinicians with tools for better informing biological understanding.
Our world-class production informatics team is growing, and we are seeking one highly motivated and detail-oriented analyst to operate, support, and improve our expanding commercial genomics services. You will work directly with the Bioinformatics Production Manager to:
- Develop and manage both local and cloud-based database
- Ensure that data remains consistent across database.
- Work with teams to manage the movement of data locally and within the cloud
- Develop and manage cloud-based production bioinformatics pipelines
- Manage the flow of customer projects through production bioinformatics pipelines
- Work with engineering and R&D groups to support process automation and data analysis
Required Skills and Experience:
In the course of our work we tackle many interesting challenges and we are looking for someone that can jump in and join us in developing elegant and timely solutions to these problems.
We’d love to talk to you if the following describe you:
- A degree in a quantitative field
- Comfortable in a UNIX/Linux command-line environment
- Familiar with main data manipulation languages and the principle of database design
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, functional code in a modern language (e.g. Python, C/C++)
- Experience with cloud-based environments (AWS)
- Able to communicate effectively in a cross-functional setting
Bonus points if any of these additional qualities apply:
- Experience with AWS services, LIMS and/or Salesforce.
- Experience working with NGS data
- Love foosball or are willing to learn!
As a Dovetail Genomics employee, you will receive Fortune 500 full-time benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, matching 401k plan, as well as paid holidays and PTO. Local applicants are preferred. We are not accepting phone calls related to open positions - candidates that meet our requirements will be contacted directly.
To apply, send your personal CV, with the job title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org