Humanizing Technology, a Humanities certificate program for engineering students, provides undergraduates the opportunity to explore the impacts of existing and emerging technologies, while also fulfilling GE requirements.
How to Earn the Certificate
- Take three of the six courses listed below:
- HUMN 15 Ethics and Technology
- HUMN 25 Humans and Machines
- HUMN 35 Language Technology
- HUMN 45 Race and Technology
- HUMN 55 Technologies of Representation
- LIT 126H Artificial Intelligence and Human Imagination
- There are no prerequisites and you can take the courses in any order you choose. Each course fulfills a different GE requirement.
Not interested in pursuing the certificate program but would like to take a Humanizing Technology course? The six courses are open to all UCSC undergraduate students. We encourage engineering students to take at least one of these courses. More information can be found on the Humanizing Technology website.