The BSOE Undergraduate Student Affairs Office is currently recruiting for peer advisors for next academic year. The Peer Advisor Program is an integral part of the BSOE Undergraduate Student Affairs Unit.
The deadline for application submissions is Wednesday, June 2nd at 11:59PM.
Please visit https://undergrad.soe.ucsc.edu/peer-advisor-search for more information and a job description.
This position pays $15/hr and requires a 5-7 hour weekly time commitment, as well as attendance at mandatory training sessions during Fall Welcome Week.
This will be an in-person position on the UCSC main campus starting in the 2021-2022 academic year. (Interviews for the position will be conducted by Zoom.) Any students declared in BSOE majors, who are in good academic standing, may apply. Students who are currently enrolled in their last major qualification courses and will be declaring in Fall quarter will also be considered.
We are hoping to hire several applicants that have interest in being in this role for at least 2 years.
Why become a BSOE Peer Advisor?
BSOE Peer Advisors are indispensable in:
- providing front-line support services and information
- answering major-related questions
- making referrals to campus services and resources.
Peer advisors also network together to receive advice and encouragement from each other. This is an excellent opportunity! Alumni of our program report that the skills they gained from this position have helped them develop communication skills that have been a valuable part of their engineering careers.
As a Peer Advisor you will:
- Learn about BSOE programs, courses, policies, and procedures.
- Develop professionalism and leadership skills.
- Polish your critical thinking skills and enhance your decision making and judgement.
- Become a more experienced and effective listener and communicator
For questions, please contact email@example.com.