The National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) and VentureWell are offering prizes of up to $20,000 to student teams in undergraduate biomedical education that are developing novel tools to solve unmet clinical needs, through the Design by Biomedical Undergraduate Teams (DEBUT) Challenge (DEBUT) competition.
Applications are due in less than two weeks, on May 31!
Know a student team working on a solution to a significant real-world healthcare problem? Let them know about DEBUT and encourage them to submit an entry to the challenge! This is a great opportunity for students who are currently working on capstone design projects.
2023 DEBUT Prizes
- The Steve H. Krosnick (First) Prize: $20,000
- Second Prize: $15,000
- Third Prize: $10,000
- HIV/AIDS Prize: $15,000
- Healthcare Technologies for Low-Resource Settings Prize: $15,000
- Technologies for Cancer Prevention, Diagnosis, or Treatment Prize: $15,000
- Rehabilitative and Assistive Technologies Prize: $15,000
- NEW!Technologies To Empower Nurses in Community Settings Prize: $15,000
- Five Honorable Mentions: $1,000 each
- Venture Prize: $15,000
- Design Excellence Prize: $5,000
Meet the 2022 DEBUT Challenge winning teams and learn more about their innovative technology solutions focused on improving global health solutions!
Questions? Email our Grants Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support or information.
Application Deadline: May 31