Networking-centric job opportunity at Dell - Software Engineer
This is a role in the networking team. Understanding of the networking stack and fundamentals are what’s needed. Programming in C is also important because that’s what the development is done in. In addition, understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems would be very helpful.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Engineer Engineering Development on our Engineering Development team in Santa Clara to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Participate in the preparation, review and evaluation of software/storage requirements and specifications
• Prepare written specifications for tasks of varied complexity from verbal requirements
• Use defined software lifecycle methodologies
• Review and implement test strategies for software products
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Good knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable
• Knowledge of server, storage, networking and client technologies
• Ability to code/debug moderately sophisticated programs using design specifications
• Knowledge of software architectures and applications
• 2–5 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree