BSOE Undergraduate Newsletter
We are pleased to announce the availability of a Scholarship, created in the memory of Ming Ong, who was a computer science student at Merrill College, UCSC, from 1983-1986.
The scholarship provides a $2,500 stipend for STEM students of Eastern Asian descent. Recipients of the scholarship shall be designated “Ming Ong Scholars.”
- First generation immigrant (born abroad) from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Japan, Mongolia, or Korea
- Major in a STEM field, undergraduate or graduate
- Submit a completed application
- Submit a 3 part essay
- Interview (optional)
- Deadline: September 3, 2019
- Interviews: September 3 to October 1, 2019
- Selection: October 8, 2019
Application and Essay Prompts: Ming%20Ong%20Scholarship%20Application%20and%20Essay%20Prompt_0.pdf
Submit completed application by email to: email@example.com
SVIEF is hosting its 9th Annual Tech Forum/Fair this September. It is designed to be an intense, informative and interactive event which focuses on the theme "Beyond the Next Revolution", and features 100+ high-profile speakers and 150+ tech exhibitors.
Some highlights of the expo include:
* 8 Parallel Summits & Sessions: including AI Tech Summit, Global Venture Investment Summit, SVIEF Tech Night Award Ceremony, SVIEF Expo, AI Tech Training Camp, etc.
* 50+ Mainstream Media & Technology Partners: NBC News, ABC, Tencent Technology, IEEE, CCTV, People's Daily Online, Verge, TechCrunch, etc
* 80+ World-class Speakers: speakers to be invited include Andrew Ng, Founder & CEO, Landing AI; Jeff Dean, Senior Fellow, and Lead of Google Brain, etc.
* 100+ Exhibitors: global tech leaders, unicorn startups, technology service providers, etc.
* 10,000+ Professional Attendees: including C-level executives, startup founders, investors, engineers &developers
- Check out our website to learn more about the event: svief.org
- Also if you're interested, use my link to get free tickets: