BE Undergraduate Newsletter
The Grainger College of Engineering Announces MERGE 2022 Campus Visit Program
Internship Finding Tool for UCSC Students
Learning Support Services is Hiring!
New STEM, Pharmacy & Health Professions Scholarships Available
The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. We would like to invite qualifying juniors and seniors in your undergraduate engineering programs to apply for our 2022 Multicultural Engineering Recruitment for Graduate Education (MERGE) Campus Visit Program. This year's live virtual visit event is scheduled for Friday, September 23, 2022, 2:00 - 5:30 pm central time.
Don’t know where to look for jobs & internships? Hate filling out job applications? Simplify is a free browser extension that helps you autofill job & internship applications anywhere on the web – think of it like Honey for jobs. The platform also has a database of over 100,000 open positions and includes cool job lists like Tech Internships at Unicorns and Business Roles at Top Startups.
The founders are super excited to help UCSC students get hired so they made a dedicated email for UCSC students to directly contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Great resource now that recruiting season is kicking into full swing!
Get started here: https://simplify.jobs
Please see below for three scholarships ($2500 each) that we have launched this year:
Scholarship for single parents/children of single parents who are future healthcare professionals:
Scholarship for female students in STEM:
Scholarship for female students in Pharmacy: https://trumedical.
Students need to submit an essay to apply. All citizenships welcome. The deadline is December 20, 2022. We will announce the winners on January 20, 2023.
We're looking for a junior level staff person to join the Fast Sensors group here at SCIPP. It's not impossible that this would turn into a career position (Specialist track), as it has for one or two of your prior students. Although the person would likely grow into more sophisticated technical roles, for now we seek someone that has experience (or perhaps even just interest) in:
- Provide support for runs at both domestic and international accelerator laboratories, including designing and assembling mechanical supports and developing data acquisition approaches and utilities
- Load PC boards that implement and support various microelectronic designs, including ASICs and high-speed compact signal paths, and carry out characterization studies
- Have experience in, or interest in learning, the design of PC boards and associated servicing functions for precision timing and high frame rate signal applications
- Be responsible for several laboratory operational functions, including purchasing and shipping
- Oversee general laboratory organization and hygiene
Beyond this, and into future years, opportunities may exist in high-speed PC board design and layout, TCAD-simulation-base design of solid state sensors, ASIC design, and automated electromechanical assembly and prototyping.
Anyone interested in learning more about the position should contact: