Forms, Petitions and Policies
Computer Science Forms & Petitions (scroll down for instructions)
Instructions for Computer Science Course Petitions:
1. Gather as much course information as possible about the course you are hoping to substitute for the requirement.
- The petition will ask for course website and instructor contact info.
- A course syllabus or other detailed list of topics covered in the course plus the title of any textbook (if applicable) is also needed.
- Catalog descriptions are generally not enough information.
- The more information you are able to provide, the better your chances for a successful petition are!
2. Fill out a Computer Science Course Substitution Petition. Copies of this petition can be found outside of the undergraduate advising office or can be printed off of our forms website.
3. Print a copy of your Courses Student Advising Summary. Students are responsible for providing their advising summary. Please review these instructions for accessing and downloading your student advising summary.
4. Scan and send the petition and your Courses Student Advising Summary to the Computer Science Undergraduate Program Director.
Petitions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure that your email includes your Name and your Student ID number in the subject of the email.
5. Drop off a paper copy of the petition with BSOE Undergraduate Advising during open hours (Suspended for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020 due to remote instruction.)
You will receive an email when a decision on the petition has been reached. The department makes their best effort to turn petitions around as quickly as possible. However, some decisions can take 2-4 weeks, depending on the request. (Due to faculty availability, there may be delays on results for petitions submitted during Summer.)