We are excited to offer the Richard A. Cooley Memorial Award for all undergraduate students! Please read below for more information about the award and how you can apply! If you have any questions or concerns please email email@example.com.
This award of $2000 is given to one student to honor Richard Cooley, who was instrumental in the founding of the Environmental Studies program at UCSC. Dr. Cooley came to UC Santa Cruz in 1970. A strong advocate of field studies, he initiated the Alaska Field Studies Program at the same time. He wrote numerous books and articles on natural resource conservation, public policy, and environmental studies.
- This award is open to all registered UCSC undergraduates
- Applicant must be working on a field project that results in a tangible, positive action for the betterment of the natural environment or improvement in environmental quality.
- Awardee selection will be based on scholastic ability, demonstrated initiative, and potential for successful completion of project.
- Here is a link to the online application form
- Deadline to apply: 12pm (noon) on Thursday, November 21, 2019